Sunday 1 October 2017

Recycled Flower Power


     Altered Eclectics is all about recycling, altering and mixed media, so when I saw this great box I knew what I wanted to do with it.
     I was invited to a Tropic Skincare party, the products are really good, completely cruelty free and vegan with gorgeous packaging. What more could you want.
     The box has a magnetic fastening hidden in the flap and the only writing is 'Tropic' on the outside and three great words inside, 'pure.honest.effective'. I chose not to cover any of these words but you could easily do so if you wanted to.
     The packaging is minimal but very pretty with lots of colourful leaves and a beautiful shade of turquoise, even the bag is pretty.
   
     The roses are made using Sizzix Tattered Florals, one cut from the bag and one cut from the wrap over packing in the box. The bag flowers have a Distress ink edge to bring them into the turquoise colour scheme and to tie the whole arrangement together.
     With a couple of leaf die cuts cut from a piece of turquoise card tucked under the roses the top was complete.

     Around the box is a stiff card band which I used to die cut a shaped banner to go on the front of the box. I also cut a turquoise panel to go in the centre of this banner which would make a good place for a name or greeting.
     The only parts of the packaging I haven't found a use for yet are the shaped plastic part that held the items and the strong paper sting handles from the bag. The string handles would make great antennae on a butterfly so maybe I need another box!
     Altered Eclectics challenge runs all month so please pop over and join in with your projects, just remember no cards or ATC's.


I would like to enter this box in the following challenges:
Hiding In My Craftroom - Freestyle   (W)
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes   (M)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your talent and its such a wonderful altered item!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.