Wednesday 27 April 2016

Shakespeare or not Shakespeare


     It wasn't until I had made my card that I discovered the quote is not by Shakespeare atall, sorry, I thought it was. It is attributed to George Santayana, although that appears to be in some dispute too, the more I read about it the more confused I got. My apologies, but I have at least learnt something from it all.
      It all started when I found 'that quote' and loved the words, the font and the colours. First to be printed was a very pale music sheet digi, then the words were printed over the top of that. The sheet was cut to fit a 5x7 card blank with room for a mat layer and I have darkened the edges with Distress inks.
     I have stamped a clump of trees in Crushed Olive DI in the bottom right corner and then stamped the guitarist in dark brown in the opposite bottom corner.
     All the colours are drawn from the colouring of the quote, including using an alcohol marker to colour the edge of the mat layer. There are some tiny copper peel off corners added to give it a little lift, these also match the quote colouring, it's just a shame that William Shakespeare didn't write it!
     Please pop over to The Male Room and take a look at the DT inspiration, I'm sure you will find something to spark your imagination, we also have a Design Team Call running.


I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Love To Scrap - Anything Goes

  

4 comments:

  1. I think the quote is fabulous, even if it isn't Shakespeare. However, "If music is the food of love" - that works for your card too. I love the musical background, the earthy tone and that wonderful image. Great work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Fabulous combination of digis and stamping. And the corner embellishments are the perfect touch. Very creative. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Hugs, Debi TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap with the quote theme and the stamp Rocky. Think your grungy colours really suit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image to use in this way, with the natural tones. The sentiment is too good not to use, even if it isn't Shakespeare! What about
    Music oft hath such a charm
    To make bad good, and good provoke to harm
    From Measure for Measure
    Fab card, anyway, Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.