Sunday 1 March 2015

Going Dotty


     House Of Cards this month have a stash challenge for you, we would like you to use Enamel Dots. If you don't have any then pop over to our blog and watch the tutorial on how to make some with hot glue, later in the month we have another tutorial on making them using Perle Beads (Hamma Beads to us Brits).
     I had some enamel dots given to me last summer and I put them away in a safe place, you guessed it, so safe I couldn't find them! A few hours and a very messy craft room later I remembered where they were, on my desk all the time, safe and sound in the draw unit with the gems, obviously!!
     The colours of the dots matched some of my Distress Inks so a plan was hatched, then I remembered a Clarity stencil that was dots and circles, abstract it is then.

     Picked Raspberry, Crushed Olive and Peacock Feathers were the three Distress Inks that I used, you can see where the inks overlap there are hints of other colours, like mauve, green and orange.
     I used masking tape to hold down the card and the stencil while adding the inks, then before removing the stencil I flicked water over the whole thing and dabbed it off with a tissue.
     Using the dots I put one in the middle of each white dot, there are three different sizes of enamel dot so I tried to space them out evenly.
     The only backing that looked good with this was black so I have used Black Soot Distress Ink to colour the edge of a white card blank. The greeting is a Britannia Die cut in black card.
     I think it's a fun, modern abstract type card, done in shades of blue and green it could be a good teenage boy card. Please pop over to the House Of Cards and see what the team have come up with, I'm sure you'll find inspiration there as well as instruction on how to make your own dots.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
QKR Stampede - Circles
Sister Act - Anything Goes


19 comments:

  1. Rocky this is woooww woooww wooowww
    I love the splatter or that it is name on the background color you put on your card this look amazing and I adore the enamel dots that fit with the bg color
    adorable card dear Rocky...the one who get this will be so happy..
    could it be for me LOL
    my birthday is 10 April...but I love more purple Rocky..
    Lovely DT post

    hugs, MONIKA (Team mate at HOC)
    see you soon maybe on my Blog DT post..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card - swoon - love the colors and those fun enamel dots! Have a great Sunday, teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card and colors here and your enameld dots are placed perfect.
    Dt HOC teamie hugs MeretheA :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Rocky, I love the colour combo.
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors and great theme for enamel dots! Have a good week! Donna T. (HOC DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this cool card Rocky. These colors are fabulous.

    Hugs,
    Dana
    HOC DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Rocky! Love the colors and the placement of the enamel dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool card love the background thanks for sharing with brown sugar Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack! So bright and happy! A bit of a planetary alignment going on too--love it!

    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like I said on Facebook, great minds, lol! I adore the bold and bright colors and I LOVE that your dots fit perfectly into the design! This rocks! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Rocky, I love your distress ink background- so colorful! Awesome design too!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful background and wonderful choice of colors! Such a dramatic card! I'm so glad you could join us this week for the QKR Stampede's weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, wow, i LOVE the DI colours you've used and the whole abstract design! the enamel dots are the perfect addition!
    linda
    HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, I love your background. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for our Circle Challenge. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh happy day! A bright and cheerful card! Love your dots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cool! I love your background and how you incorporated the enamel dots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors on your very abstract card. I think this is a very clever use of those enamel dots. TFS. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! Love the pretty colors and the fun design!
    Take Care,
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty! Love the colors, design and the enamel dots!
    Lilian HOC DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.