Sunday 1 February 2015

Blooming Recycling!


     February brings a new month of amazing creations over at Altered Eclectics, you really should take a look and see what the team have made from 'rubbish'. You can enter anything altered/recycled as long as it's not a card or an ATC.
     I have used some glossy pictures from my local supermarket magazine and made Kusudama flowers. Each flower has five petals, each one made from a square, folded, glued together and then glued around a florist wire stem. Some use hot melt glue but I use Cosmic Shimmer PVA, it's so strong my husband mended his desk with it last week and it's still standing!

     The flowers on wire stems are easier to make in to a posy, if I just want a few free standing in a vase I use bar-b-que skewers for stems and colour them green with a marker pen. Sometimes they have buttons in the middle but these ones have clear gems stuck on.
     I love flowers in my kitchen but they don't seem to last long, this way I have something colourful that lasts, even when neglected!
     There are some great ideas for empty coffee tins over on Altered Eclectics, come and join in the recycle fun.

I would like to enter my flowers in the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge - Flowers
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Altered Art / Mixed Media Only

8 comments:

  1. Your bouquet looks fabulous

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, great use of all those recipes as well, much better for you than food. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning display of flowers Rocky and so perfect for our theme this week.

    It's lovely to see you at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rocky these flowers are wonderful. Love what you used to make them too! Thank you for linking to Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers - they are stunning Rocky. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful recycling, gorgeous flowers.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well here I am commenting on behalf of Rhedds Creative Spirit on one of my own Eclectics lol... Love this as you already know sweetie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these lovely flowers! I am a recycling kinda gal myself and love to see things turned into beauty and not a landfill! Thanks for playing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit! ~Nanette, DT member~

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.