Monday 27 October 2014

HOC Die Cut Challenge

     This months challenge at House Of Cards is to use dies or punches to create your card.
     My contribution was inspired by my Granny who has been gone for ten years now, but is often in my thoughts. I have a tiny Wedgewood trinket box that belonged to her, that is what inspired this card.
     I covered the front of a square white card blank with thin blue card, overlapping the folded edge by about half an inch and fixing it on the back, I find this makes for a neater look.
     I have used a mix of dies from Spellbinder and X-Cut, all cut in white card. the small motifs are the leftovers from the corners. They are not quite as delicate as Wedgewood but I hope it gives the general idea.
     I have added some pearls to the corners to add a little shine to the card.
     We are changing our format a little next month at HOC, you will be able to see all cards made by the design team at the beginning of the month, with a reminder each week of the different styles we make. The challenge will still run for a month so you will have lots of time to come and join us.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Simply Create Too - Shop Your Craft Room (Everything is over a year old, inc card!)
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes/Cards Only

9 comments:

  1. beautiful card :) card looks very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project, thank you so much for sharing with the Simply Create Challenge.

    Warm hugs and love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Cameo look to this card. It's a perfect imitation of wedgewood. Have a great day Rocky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Rocky! Love the cameo! Great take on Wedgewood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocky, this is GENIUS!!! I am totally in LOVE with this gorgeous card! Your work always wows me! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reminded me of those silhouette embroidery my granny used to do. :)

    Hugs Ma, Vintage and Shappy team HOC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant card Rocky! Thank you so much for playing with us at SisterAct card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Rocky! So elegant, looks like porcelain! TFS! Hugs, Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card...simply gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.