Friday 1 August 2014

Christmas Brat Girl Ornament

      Today sees the start of another month at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra. There's nothing quite like making Christmas projects when the heat is a steady top twenties, nothing unusual for some of you I'm sure but I live in the UK!  I hasten to add I am not complaining.
     This image is from Bugaboo Digi Stamps, she's called Christmas Brat Girl Elf, she goes quite well with the Brat Boy Elf I used here.
      Brat Girl is printed on white card, when printing for this ornament I copied the image and flipped it so that she would face both ways and remain the same size.
      Brat Girl is coloured with alcohol markers, this I did before sticking the card together so as not to get colour bleed through. Once coloured I held the card up in front of a bright light and matched up the images, then I stuck it together.
     Once the glue was dry I used a Spellbinder Christmas Ornament die to cut it out, the largest die in the set. The edges are covered with gold glitter and so is the bell on her hat.
     There is a hole punched in the top of the ornament that is threaded with a green organza ribbon for hanging. I have used two red ribbon bows, one on each side, to finish off. I think the bows were from a box of chocolates that got eaten long ago and as usual the ribbon was added to the stash box, after all we crafters waste nothing do we?!
     This type of Christmas decoration is ideal if you have small visitors at Christmas, it has no sharp edges, nothing to harm them should they decide to try and eat it other than a little glitter and PVA glue.    
     Our challenge runs for a whole month and there is no theme other than it must be something Christmas, so come and join us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Rocky, for this lovely ornament for design inspiration for CHNC challenge extra for August x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute ornament. Great tip on how to create mirror images for the front and back.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.