Monday 26 August 2013

House Of Cards Sketch

     This week it's Shabby and Vintage at House Of Cards with a monthly sketch. For those of you who don't know HOC yet we have a monthly theme with a weekly style. If you would like to know more then please join us here.
    I chose to use the butterfly as an overall theme on my card. The velum was a present from my Mum, I have chosen to use the reverse, which gives a paler image, and mounted it on cream after tearing the edges and rolling one corner. I have stuck it down with some Invisidots for Velum which do seem to be invisible.
    I have used some paper lace across the velum with a die cut oval from Spellbinder-Floral Ovals in the centre, mounted on foam pads. To each side I have a paper flower made using Sizzix die Tattered Floral Garland, coloured with Distress Inks Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge, with a cream pearl in the middle.
    The butterfly is cut with a Marianne die from chocolate pearl card and stuck on the oval. I have yet to decide on the greeting as I don't know who will receive it but I think it will go on the bottom left corner.

6 comments:

  1. These elements have come together nicely for this shabby vintage style card following the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ! I can not believe how detail yet delicate that butterfly looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Rocky! LOVE your amazing patterned paper--it ties your whole card in so perfectly! That butterfly is so intricate and perfect there in the center! HUGS and have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Rocky! What a great idea to use the reverse of the vellum to get a softer look and I love the vibrant pop of yellow the flowers give and the rolled vellum corner! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterfly coordinates beautifully with that background. A lovely card Rocky! Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Your mum is the sweetest: the vellum gift!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.