Thursday 27 September 2012

Steampunk Christmas

Here is my contribution to this weeks challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, the theme is eyelets.
Having invested in a Crop-A-Dile a few months ago I thought it was time to put it to good use. I have a set of stamps from Chocolate Baroque called Steampunk Christmas of which this tree is one.
The tree is stamped with Perfect Medium and Embossed with a Verdigris powder on to white pearl card, not such a good choice once all matted up so I have toned it down by using Distress Ink Old Paper to get more of a grungy look.
I have used two different sizes of eyelet, both came with the tool and a few tiny brads. The gems are also in two sizes just to add a little sparkle. The lovely gold star on the top of the tree is a brad sent to me by Ruth in a wonderful act of pure kindness, thank you Ruth.
The backing card is a lovely olive green run through an embossing folder called Victorian Fleur.
The green layer is matted on a small piece of chocolate pearl card and then an embossed gold card I picked up at a show before going on a chocolate pearl card blank. I have added some more gems to lift the colour a little. It is rather a masculine card because of my colour choice but I can think of two friends who would be happy to receive it so all is not lost. I think I'll try another one in silver and purple now.

6 comments:

  1. JUst GORgeous! What a FABulous idea of using your brads...LOve your colours too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super amazing use of eyelets--and I ADORE your amazing steampunk tree!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Rocky! What a unique and awesome tree you've created. Love the colors too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very clever use of eyelets and a lovely stamped image - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Rocky, beautiful colours and I love how the eyelets fit in so well with the steampunk styled tree! So glad the star brads are proving useful!
    Thanks so much for joining in with us again at 52 {C}CT!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a great idea to use two different size eyelets, I like how you placed them within your image, nicely done! Thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.