Thursday 30 August 2012

Creative Expressions DT call

 This card is my DT call entry with Creative Expressions, the requirement is to show Texture in any form.
The stamps used are from CE called Art Nouveau Peacock. I began by using Perfect Medium to stamp the beautiful peacock feathers in a random pattern on black card. Then I used Cosmic Shimmer mica powders to dust over the stamping and because the Perfect Medium is so sticky it clings very well. Once I dusted off the excess powder with a big fluffy make-up brush I gave it a light spray with hair lacquer to fix it.
The wording is from the same stamp plate, again I used Perfect Medium but this time I sprinkled Cosmic Shimmer Bright Gold embossing powder on it and heated from behind.
The heart is cut from greyboard using a Sizzix die, I have punched a small hole in one side before beginning to decorate. The board was coloured with acrylic paint that I happened to have near by. When that was dry I used my faithful Perfect Medium again to ink all over the heart before adding a layer of Ultra Thick clear embossing crystals which were then melted with the heat tool.
This process was repeated twice more but on the last layer I also added some of the mica powders so that I would get a faux enamelled effect. While the last layer was still very warm I embossed the smaller feather into the soft enamel. To get this to work well you need to have your stamp inked (in this case with black) and ready to use before you heat the last layer so that you can stamp it as soon as you've put the heat tool down.
I found some teal coloured ribbon to thread through the hole before mounting it on foam pads on the background. I was lucky enough to find a teal mirri card to use as my matting layer before mounting onto a black card.
I am fast becoming a fan of triple embossing, I have found a lot depends on the ferocity of your heat gun. I'm looking forward to making some Christmas decorations using this technique.

1 comment:

  1. lovely card...good luck with the DT call.
    I met you this morning at Sew Simple just as you were setting up...Sorry I couldnt stop and watch but hubs was in the car waiting lol Hope to catch one of your demo's soon!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.