Friday 8 June 2012

Gem Tree

Here is my offering for this month's sketch challenge over on 52CCT. It's quite good to have a guide to work to, it leaves you free to think about the colours and the focal point.
For my topper I have stamped a tree from Chocolate Baroque's 'Madonna and Trees' in clear on white card, then I coloured the card with Distress Ink Iced Spruce as it was a pretty good colour match to the patterned paper.
The tree is mounted on silver mirri card. I ran a silver ribbon across the patterned paper before mounting the tree on top. There is a small greeting in silver on white card mounted on foam pads at the point where the ribbon meets the tree. I chose to glue the little pink gems on last so that mounting everything was easier.
I really feel that I'm getting somewhere with the Christmas stash now, thanks to the inspiration from this challenge blog, I hope you are too.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely Christmas card - your stamped tree looks lovely in white. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Fabulous colours and I LOve your image.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your silver and green combo gives such a great cool look with your white wintery tree - and I love the pink gems! Lovely card Rocky!
    Thanks for joining us at 52 CCT and the best of luck with the DT call!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Rocky! This is absolutely gorgeous! SO glad you played along this week--this is fabulous! And good luck on the DT call! :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.