Saturday 14 January 2012

Rosette Peacocks



This little Peacock was inspired by Tim Holtz and his 'Quirky Turkeys' . You can find out how he made them by looking in November 2011 on his blog. I'm sorry there's no link, I tried to set it up but I couldn't get it to work.

All I did was to make the rosettes in peacock type colours. The biggest rosette was cut from an offcut of card that had been sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer misters in dark blues and purples. The second rosette was cut from a gorgeous pearlised card that I got at a craft fayre and the smallest rosette was cut from Bazill card.

The head had to be drawn differently from the turkey, so I used Tim's turkey head as a base shape and changed the neck and added a tuft on top of his head. He is assembled in the same way as the turkeys but gives a taste of summer. The eyes have been made using Cosmic Shimmer PVA pearlised glue in Black. I also stuck the whole thing together using Cosmic PVA dries clear glue and not a glue gun, it works very well. I have to say that for what appears to be just a PVA glue Cosmic Shimmer PVA really sticks !!

Once I've demolished my chocolate muffin I'm going to try some other variations.

Happy crafting, let me know if you've tried these birds, turkeys or peacocks, I'd love to hear about it.

1 comment:

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.